Dr. Charles Kim
Syllabus (in pdf format) of the course
Subject 1: Introduction
Subject 2: Computer History
Subject 3: Computer Architecture and Intel i386 Datasheet)
* Microcontroller Project (Updated for the 2nd round with submission requirements and dues, etc)
------- If your board is a mini Arduino USB from China ("Arduino Nano CH340"): (1) Download and Save this driver file, (2) Read this driver installation instruction, and once all done, (3) See this figure to properly select this mini Arduino.
------- First component to connect: ShiftBrite V2.0 RGB LED from Macetech. Link to the Datasheet and Documents. Try to turn on (in different colors) and off.
------- Now connect either a 3x4 keypad or a range finder (Parallax Ping or HC-SRQ4) by which the color of the above RGB LED may controlled.
Subject 4: x86 Assembly Programming (Link to the 80386 Instruction Set and Intel386 Programmer's Reference Manual)
Getting Started with MASM and Visual Studio:
* Note4a --- Assembly language part 1
* Note4b --- Part 2 (Data Transfer)
* Note4c -- Part 2 (Continued with Arithmetics)
* Note5 --- Part 3 (Jump and Loop)
* Note6 -- Part 4 (call, ret, push, and pop)
* Note7 -- Part 5 (Call Without- and With- Parameter Transfer with Procedure)
Previous Class of Computers and Nuclear Energy: Fall 2011, Fall 2012, and Fall 2103